Many families have been supported by me as either their birth doula, postnatal doula or both.
Ante Natal Doula and birth support experience
I have supported parents in all manner of birthing situations:
- natural births
- caesarean section
- VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
– in a number of different hospitals and homes with a variety of different scenarios:
- with or without pain relief
I have also supported women:
- through assisted deliveries where ventouse, forceps or kiwi have been used
- planned c-section
- planned home births
- unplanned home births
- water birth
- premature babies…
the list grows.
Post Natal Support
I have supported a number of families in the postnatal period days and nights, which I find extremely rewarding.
I have a huge range of experience and have thoroughly enjoyed supporting families with twins which has continued beyond the first few weeks, as they may have needed an extra pair of hands attending swimming lessons, appointments or babysitting.
I have breast fed each of my children, with the longest being fed to nine months and the shortest stopping at eight weeks. With each child it was different which I believe has given me extensive experience in this area. At different times I suffered with Mastitis and Breast Thrush and as a result I am aware of the causes and treatments for these conditions.
I also have personal experience of Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Postnatal depression.
- Nurturing Birth Advanced Breastfeeding Workshop
- Nurturing Birth Advanced Birth Workshop
- Early Years First Aid Course.
- Nurturing Birth Birth Doula and Post Natal Doula Course
- Sheila Kitzinger Birth Crisis Workshop
- CRB Enhanced Disclosure.
- Water Birth Study Day with Dianne Garland
- Jack Newman Breastfeeding Study day
- Twins and multiples workshop with Naomi Kemmeny