As a Birth Doula I accompany women through their birth preparations and assist them during labour, birth and bonding.
As your birth doula, I offer the following services:
- Two meetings before the birth to get to know each other and to discuss your wishes and expectations, as well as any concerns you might have.
- Unlimited contact by phone or e-mail
- On-call for two weeks before and after your due date
- Attendance during labour either at home or in hospital for as short or as long as it may take.
- One post-natal visit to discuss your birth experience and to help you settle in with your new baby.
As your Birth Doula I feel that it is my role to support you to have the best birth experience possible.
I do not give medical advice nor do I undertake examinations or perform any other clinical task. I cannot make decisions for you. I can only act as a spokesperson for you in the absence of your partner if this has been clearly stated in your birth plan.
I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide you with emotional support and physical comfort. If the need arises, I can help you communicate with your midwife and medical care givers to ensure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions during pregnancy, labour, bonding and early parenting. I can provide continuum of care for you and your partner, make suggestions for planning and preparing your birth and bonding environment and building rapport with your midwives and medical attendants.
I am able to make suggestions for labour progress, help with relaxation, positioning and other comfort measures. I am available for consultation after the baby is born. I do not come between you and your partner but rather support you both.